Due to the fact that the company being sold is an OPERATING enterprise, the sale process provides for confidentiality and gradual disclosure of information to potential buyers.
More detailed information about the company, its inspection and negotiations with the owners can be carried out only after we receive an official preliminary application from a potential buyer for disclosure of information and the subsequent signing of a confidentiality agreement.
The main characteristics of the company
Year of foundation: 1991
Owners: 3 individuals, citizens of the Czech Republic. From the day of foundation to the present time, the owners and directors in the company have not changed.
Share capital: 100 000,- CZK
- Housing and civil construction since 1991
- Production of aluminum windows, doors and glass walls since 2007
Highest turnover: CZK 300,000,000 in 2007
Current number of employees: 40 + 15
- Head office – district city, Silesia, Moravian-Silesian region, Czech Republic
- Production of windows and doors – town 13 km from the head office, Silesia, Moravian-Silesian Region, Czech Republic
Reason for sale: change of generation of owners and management
Transaction format: sale of 100% (or less by agreement) share in s.r.o. – analogue of o.o.o.
Note to the price: from the sale amount will be paid overdue and overdue financial obligations of the company. If the buyer takes on their repayment in the future, then the sale amount can be 250,000 euros.
Housing and civil construction
The company for sale was founded 26 years ago by 2 professional civil engineers and a doctor of law.
Over the years of its existence, the company has established itself as a strong medium-sized Czech construction company with a stable core of professionals, which consists of civil engineers, technicians, designers and managers with extensive experience in the implementation of housing and civil construction projects in the Czech and Slovak Republics.
In the period from 1991 to 1995, the company was mainly engaged in the construction and reconstruction of buildings and facilities for banks (Komerční banka, a. S, Union Bank, Česká spořitelna)
From 1996 to the present, the main place in the portfolio of realized orders is occupied by the construction of new supermarkets, shopping and logistics centers, as well as their reconstruction. The main customer is the international retail chain Billa for which Ekotempo has built or reconstructed more than 150 supermarkets and facilities, including central supermarkets in Prague, Bratislava, as well as in such large cities as Brno, Ostrava, Olomouc and others.
In addition to the construction and reconstruction of supermarkets, the Company also has quite a lot of experience in construction as a general contractor of administrative, commercial and residential buildings. To a lesser extent, industrial facilities. For example, among the company's references are built and reconstructed hotels, Shell gas stations, a kindergarten, a school, objects built by order of the administration of some cities and large developers.
A significant share of references is also occupied by subcontracting works on fairly large objects of housing and civil construction and, in particular, construction and installation using aluminum structures, as well as glass facades.
The company has certificates of quality management ISO 9001, environmental management ISO 14001, as well as health and safety management systems certification OHSAS 18001, which is consistently applied to all implemented objects and in the upcoming construction projects.
- The company has the right to carry out construction work in the countries of the European Union.
Main types of construction activities
- construction and reconstruction of shopping centers;
- construction of civil, residential and industrial buildings;
- reconstruction of buildings, including the use of certified insulation systems;
- Object modules and add-ins
- manufacture and installation of aluminum glass facades;
- production and installation of windows and doors of HEROAL and YAWAL systems;
- supply of fireproof closures;
- complete design, engineering and construction works from obtaining a building permit, to putting the facilities into operation, including the provision of all necessary documents.
Production of aluminium windows and doors
The production of aluminum windows and doors of the company E-mpo is located in its own modern administrative and production facility built by the company in 2007.
The facility consists of a two-storey administrative building, a production workshop, a warehouse of materials and components, a warehouse of finished products.
- Total area of buildings: 1570 m2, volume 6 248,31 m3
- Own land area: 1 967 m2
- Office space: 158 m2
- Workshop area: 677 m2
Warehouse of materials and components
- Warehouse area: 156 m2
Products: aluminum windows, doors and glass walls
After the commissioning of production in 2007, the turnover amounted to 36 million kroons.
- Main equipment: Elumatec line.
- Production system: HEROAL and YAWAL
Production has all the necessary certification.
The products of the production are of high quality, competitive prices and exceptional longevity, but also belong to a fairly high price category, compared to plastic and wooden windows and doors.
The production is located 13 km from the head office of E-mpo.
Head office of the company
The administrative two-storey building with a total area of 612 m2 was built in 1994, and in 2010-2014 its extensive reconstruction was carried out: reconstruction, new windows, adjustment of external and internal surfaces, vertical and horizontal structures, change in the location of internal premises, facade thermal insulation, central heating, water supply, roof structure, floors, electrical wiring, air conditioning, etc.
In the building there is a secretariat and an office of the general director, a meeting room, offices of the heads of individual divisions, an estimate and design bureau, an accounting department, an archive, utility rooms.
Area of own land plot: 773 m2. Own parking.
The administrative building is located 2 km from the city center, near the railway station – 300 meters and the bus stop – 170 m.
Nearby there are residential and commercial facilities, post office, court, tax inspectorate.
The city is located 22 km northwest of the city of Opava and 18 km north of the city of Bruntál, 3 km from the border with Poland.
Until 1945, this area was part of Prussia. Population: 25 000 Inhabitants
- Prague – 297 km
- Ostrava – 50 km
- Görlitz, Germany – 306 km (via Poland)
Office apartments of the company
In the adjacent, with the administrative, building there are 5 residential and 2 non-residential premises, which are owned by the company.
The building of German construction was put into operation in 1939.
In 1992-1996 and 2009-2014 it was completely reconstructed.
All apartments are in good condition.
- Duplex 4-room apartment of 104,80 m2
- Two-bedroom apartment with a terrace on the roof of 111,46 m2
- Two-bedroom apartment of 69,10 m2
- Two-bedroom apartment of 74,59 m2
- Two-bedroom apartment with an area of 71,60 m2
- In the premises on the 1st floor with an area of 303.51 m2 there is a carpentry workshop, a warehouse and an archive.
- In the premises on the 1st floor with an area of 120.93 m2 there is a workshop and a server of the company.
Warehouse of building materials
The warehouse is a 3-minute walk from the main administrative building of the company.
The warehouse is a closed hangar with an area of 306.00 m2 with a storekeeper's office, an open warehouse for building materials that can be located in the open air, an area for parking construction equipment and cabins. Good access communication.
Warehouse plot area: 9 693 m2
The warehouse was put into operation in 1994.
In 2010 – 2014, reconstruction was carried out.
The warehouse is in satisfactory condition.
Transport and construction machinery
The company's transport fleet includes both trucks and passenger cars, low-tonnage and passenger cars. In total, the company owns 25 units of cars and construction equipment. Basically, it was bought in the middle of 2000 years and in 2012-2016.
- Mitsubishi L200
- Volvo S
- Ford Tranzit Citroen
- Ford FOCUS
- Ford Focus
- Škoda Octavia
- Ford Mondeo Enterprice Kombi
- Ford S-Max
- Ford Focus Titanium Combi
- Suzuki Jimmy
- Volvo V60 D5
- Mercedes E350, CDI, 4MATIC
- IVECO EURO CARGO
- Škoda OCtavia Combi 1,6 TDI Ambition 81
- Citroen C5 2,7 HDI 24V
- Ford Tourneo Connect
- Ford Transit 300L
- JCB 4CX
- New Holland LS 170 N 844T
- Avia D90
- Volvo 42R FLL
- Ford Transit 350 L
- Ford Transit 300 M
- Ford Transit 350 L
Economic characteristics of the company
Since the beginning of its existence, the company has had a stable trend of expansion and turnover growth. The largest turnover was achieved in 2007 – 300 million kroons (13 million USD).
Due to the impact of the global economic crisis of 2008-2013, and then the crisis in the local construction market of the Czech Republic in 2012-2016, investments in Czech development and construction projects fell sharply, which negatively affected the company's turnover, the dynamics of which largely repeated the curve of the index of the Czech construction sector in the graph below (compiled on the basis of data from the Czech Statistical Office).
Blue is a valid index of construction products. Red is the expectations of construction companies.
Thus, the Company's turnover in 2007 amounted to 300 million kroons, and in 2008-2009 fell under 150 million crowns, and then below 100 million In 2015 it slightly exceeded the hundred millionth border – 102.3 million CZK, and in 2016 it was the lowest in the history of the Company – 71.3 million kroons.
The Firm responded to the crisis by reducing staff (200 employees in 2007, 40 in 2016), optimizing domestic costs and applying more flexible prices when receiving orders.
At the same time, even in the most difficult crisis years, the company worked with a small annual profit (the loss limit is an annual turnover of less than 80 million kroons). Only last year, the most difficult year, when the company's turnover amounted to 71.3 million, the Company ended it with a slight loss – -1,751,000 kroons.
2017 inspires optimism
At the beginning of 2017, most Czech construction companies had a significant pessimism about the upcoming construction season, but closer to the second half of this year, the Czech construction market unexpectedly revived.
Almost all Czech construction companies are now reporting active growth in their order book for 2017 and 2018.
The Company sold was no exception – for the second half of the year, construction contracts worth about 60 million kroons were signed and the portfolio of orders is actively filling up until the end of 2018. The turnover of 80 million kroons in 2017 will be exceeded under current contracts.
Now, for the first time since 2008, the company not only did not begin to reduce the number of employees, but on the contrary – began to actively recruit new builders to fulfill current and new orders.
The growth of the construction market was also registered by the Czech Statistical Office. By June 2017, the growth was 8.5% compared to last year. Already, the number of issued building permits has increased by 21.4% (!), which means an increase in orders for construction companies in the very near future.
The trends of the second half of 2017 inspired optimism in Czech construction companies and manufacturers of related industries, significantly revived the market and inspired hope in the complete end of the crisis in the Construction Market of the Czech Republic.
Assets of the company
By the second half of 2017, in accordance with the balance sheet, the company's assets are:
Total 68 759 000 CZK (Kč) or 3 111 260,- USD of which:
- Real estate: 24 644 000,- Kč
- Movable assets: 5 264 000,- CZK
- Current assets: 36 000 000,- CZK (mainly overdue and overdue rights of claim receivables and unfinished construction)
- Funds on the account: 2 500 000,- Kč
- Warehouse: 114 000,- CZK
A total of 68,500,000 CZK, of which:
- Bank credit: 11 000 000,- CZK (overdue)
- Accounts receivable: 29 777 000,- CZK (overdue and overdue)
- Obligations towards owners: 5 154 000,- CZK
- Social payments: 1 718 000,- CZK
- Taxes: 890 000,- CZK
- Other liabilities: 1 515 000, – Kč
- Retained earnings for previous years: 18 500 000,-Kč – the position is quite formal, because the owners do not claim retained earnings
Format and price of the transaction, terms of payment
- The subject of the sale is a 100% stake in s.r.o. – Analogue of O.O.O.
- Sellers are 3 individuals – citizens of the Czech Republic.
- The reason for the sale is the change of the generation of owners (they are also directors), who are now 74, 67 and 58 years old.
- The 58-year-old owner and director (Jednatel), a civil engineer by training, has been almost single-handedly managing the company for the past few years. When carrying out the transaction, this owner can, by agreement, sell part of his share, and continue to work in the company. He can also sell the entire stake and continue to work in the company E-mpo.
Transaction price options
Price: 6 000 000 CZK
1. The Buyer pays CZK 6,000,000 to the owners and undertakes to repay the Company's future financial obligations in the amount of CZK 32,000,000, which include:
- Overdue bank loan: 11 000 000 CZK
- Overdue obligations to suppliers: CZK 16,000,000.
- Obligations to owners for loans granted: 5 000 000 CZK
The fulfillment of the condition "repayment of obligations in the future" can be, for example, the following options for satisfying the interests of creditors:
- purchase with discount of receivables from creditor-suppliers,
- signing of debt repayment schedules to creditors-suppliers with installment repayment of debt
- agreement with the bank through the provision of guarantees of a third party or other instruments to ensure the repayment of the loan
- instruments of guarantees, sureties and obligations of third parties having appropriate liquidity.
Price: 38 000 000 CZK
The buyer pays the transaction price in the amount of CZK 38,000,000, and from this amount the financial obligations to creditors in the amount of CZK 32,000,000 are repaid (see above)
Payment for the transaction can be made in installments with reference in time to the execution and confirmation of the facts declared by the seller when selling 100% of the share in the company E-mpo spol. s r.o.. (written state of assets, liabilities, real estate, equipment, proper reporting, absence of hidden liabilities, the presence of contracts, future orders, etc.)
Transfer of ownership and management of the company
- By agreement between seller and buyer
Communication and provision of additional information
Exclusive trustee for the sale of 100% of the shares in the company Ekotempo spol. s r.o.. is the company M&A Aliance s.r.o., IČO: 27115437, registered office: Svornosti 914/29, Smíchov, 150 00 Praha 5
tel: +420 723 22 33 22
tel: +420 724 22 33 03
Additional information can be obtained upon request by e-mail or by the above phones.
The information memorandum is provided to the potential buyer after signing the intention in the form of a Letter of intent.